Tuesday, February 15, 2011

San Jose February 15, 2011

Dear xxx,
 
I am back in San Jose.  I owe xxx, the owner, $366 in back rent.  We are working out an payment plan, but now she is letting me stay there until I get caught up.
 
You don't need to bother calling me to assure me you are my sister.  They can scour the U. S. and Canada to find a woman with a nearly identical voice print as yours, and she could learn facts about our lives to convince me you really are my sister.
 
I sure could use some money.  I will pay you back when I am able.  Remember, it's better to give than to receive.  But only contribute if you can afford it.
 
You can send a check by mail, or if by Western Union, send me an email to give me the necessary info.  I have California ID.
 
I know you keep very busy raising your family, so I don't really expect you to help support me, given my history of homelessness for so many years.  It's a good thing I stayed in the Southwestern United States.  I never got so cold anywhere that I didn't get enough sleep, even in Colorado.  I always seemed to have warm clothing, etc.
 
Don't recommend a life on the road to anyone.  I do not want to maintain a journal (blog) on the internet because I do not want to endorse this lifestyle to anyone, unless they are looking for adventure and willing to take chances, chances which might cost them their lives.  The cities and highways are getting much more dangerous in this country, e.g. serial killers, gangs, etc.  If you wind up somewhere broke, it's a miracle if someone helps you.  You might be forced to hop a freight train to get somewhere, and that could be a deadly mistake.
 
I don't want to paint a really gruesome picture.  I always knew what I was doing, and I was lucky.  I'm not going to give away my secrets, though.  But I always was able to get enough money panhandling, food at soup kitchens, etc., but there were some very, very close calls.
 
That's why I'm not glamorizing the on-the-road lifestyle.
 
Take care,
 
Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment