Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I need Money

Dear Family Members,
I am now living in Yreka, CA, some 3 score miles north of Red Bluff on Interstate 5.  They do not have a homeless shelter here, at least I couldn't find it.  It seems people in small towns kind of freak when you ask them directions, kind of like the proverbial Vermont farmer saying to the wayfarer asking directions, "You can't get there from here."
But I have found a suitable, but cold, place to sleep during the day.  There are chairs in the lobby of the jail, although it is not heated.  I asked a man who looked important, and he said they leave the lobby open at night.  I am not sure if this is veritable information.  But it does get very cold here at night because we are very high up in the mountains.  An unusual warm spell has kept me reasonably comfortable so far, but who knows how long it's going to last.
There are several locations scattered around town where you can get a meal, each one a different day of the week.  I just got back from the Greenhorn Grange.  The had soup and cheese-covered garlic bread.  I also got two small loaves of donated bread, the kind in the paper sack; but the bread went fast.  It's only one meal a day, but I can satisfy my appetite with the bread.
Here is why I am writing all of you now.  I have never asked any of you for money, but I would like to rent a cheap hotel room for a week until I get paid on the 3rd of next month.  Could any of you please help me?  I don't have a place to shower, but there is a bathroom in the jail lobby where I can take a bird bath.  It's a small town and people are talking.  I have no way of getting out of here, unless I illegally walk on the Interstate and risk getting another $278 fine.  I hitchhiked up here and tried again this morning but no luck.  The nearest town north in Oregon is about 200 miles away.
If any of you could possible send me anything you can via Western Union, I do have CA ID.  Just send it to Yreka, CA and I can pick it up at any check cashing place or other outlet.  I will pay you back when I am able.
Thank you,
Frank
P. S.  Write me by email to tell me that you have sent the money (if you can.)  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment